This course is designed to help you to…
- Master relevant grammar and lexis to present clearly and correctly.
- Develop an understanding of how to structure your presentation to make it easy to follow.
- Learn a range of techniques to make your presentation impactful and memorable.
- Learn about different presentation types and which will suit your objectives best.
- Help you to accumulate a base of experience presenting that will
- Build confidence speaking in front of other people in English!
To do this we need to have a supportive classroom environment, so It’s important that we
- Provide positive / constructive criticism, don’t be negative!
- Pay attention to others who are speaking or presenting as we wold wan them to pay attention when we are speaking or presenting.
- Don’t laugh at or ridicule mistakes! We all make mistakes, this is an environment where we can practise new skills, so mistakes are part of the territory!
With that in mind, let’s get to know each other a little with some questions.
- When and where have you seen presentations?
- Have you seen any really interesting presentations?
- Have you seen any awful presentation?
- What made them good or bad?
- How much experience do you have presenting? When and where have you presented? what language did you present in? How did it go? Do you enjoy presenting?
- Do you ever watch presentations on the internet? Which ones? What do you enjoy about them?